- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 8
This hearty dish is easy to prepare and can be served as a filling main course or a starter course (reduce serving size).
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 2, 15-ounce cans kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 2, 15-ounce cans garbanzo beans, rinsed, drained
- 1, 6-ounce package baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil in large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and garlic and saute until onions are golden, about 15 minutes.
- Add rosemary and stir 1 minute. Add all broth and beans and bring soup to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Working in batches, carefully transfer soup to a blender and puree.
- Return soup to pot. Stir in spinach and sage and cook, stirring, until spinach wilts.
- Season with salt and pepper. Ladle soup into bowls and serve sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.