- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 1 hr 10 min
- Serving: 8
Pork is a traditional choice on New Year's. Serve this roast with black-eyed peas, sweet potatoes, green beans and cornbread on New Year's Day or for an early dinner on New Year's Eve. This recipe is sponsored by the National Pork Board.
- 3 pounds boneless pork loin roast
- 2 tablespoons cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pat pork dry with paper towel. In small bowl, combine all rub ingredients well and apply to all surfaces of the pork roast.
- Place roast in a shallow pan and roast in a 350 degrees F oven for 1-1 1/4 hours (18-20 minutes per pound), until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 150 degrees F.
- Remove roast from oven; let rest until temperature reaches 160 degrees F, about 10 minutes before slicing to serve.