- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
The sharp and slightly bitter taste of bok choy is mellowed and given hints of sweetness after being sautéed with a mushroom, tomato, cilantro and yellow pepper mix. Serve this side dish as an accompaniment to grilled and roasted meat
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 cups chopped bok choy
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Place half of the tomato juice into a large saucepan over medium heat, along with the garlic and the gingerroot. Cook the mixture for 2 minutes and then add the remaining juice, bok choy, mushrooms, bell pepper and green onions.
- Stir the mixture to combine and then cook for 3 minutes. Add the cilantro, lime juice and soy sauce, stir well to blend and then serve warm.