- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 1 Serving
Many have taken credit for this sweet vermouth, Scotch whiskey and Benedictine cocktail including the Waldorf Astoria and the Savoy Hotel. However, it has been documented as early as 1914 in the famous cocktail book Drinks.
- 1-1/4 ounces sweet vermouth
- 1-1/4 ounces Scotch whisky
- 3 dashes Benedictine
- Lemon zest twist to garnish
- Place all of the ingredients, except for the lemon twist, into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Vigorously shake the mixture for 35 seconds and then double strain into a cocktail glass.
- Garnish the drink with the lemon zest twist and then serve immediately.