- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 6 min
- Total: 11 min
- Serving: 16
Flavored vinegars, fruit vinegars included, can be quite pricey. Making your own saves you money and allows you to create dynamite concoctions that may not even be available at the market.
- 1 cup ripe blueberries (or other fruit)
- 1 quart red wine vinegar
- Optional sugar to taste
- Place clean blueberries in a sterilized bottle or jar. Warm the vinegar in a small saucepan over low heat, about 5 minutes.
- Pour it over the fruit in the bottle or jar.
- Add sugar if using.
- Seal and store in a cool dark place for 3 to 4 weeks. Strain vinegar with a sieve or cheesecloth into a clean bowl and discard fruit.
- Transfer vinegar back to bottle or jar and use as desired.