- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total: 55 min
- Serving: 8
- 4 cups frozen blueberries (or fresh)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Juice of a lemon (about 3 tablespoons)
- Â½ cup fresh thyme leaves removed from the stem
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shell
- Â½ cup toasted sliced almonds
- Â½ cup half and half
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Keep pie shell in refrigerator while preparing berry filling.
- Place frozen berries in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes to thaw.
- Stir berries and continue to microwave for another 2 to 3 minutes until their juices release.
- If using fresh berries, reduce total microwave time to 3 to 5 minutes.
- Mix in sugar, lemon juice, thyme leaves, and flour. Mixture should be warm.
- If not, microwave for 1 to 2 more minutes.
- Pour into pie shell and bake until filling is bubbly and looks set, about 40 minutes.
- Use a crust guard or add foil to edges of crust towards the end of cooking if it browns too quickly. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack until ready to serve.