- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 10 min
- Total: 1 hr 25 min
- Serving: 6
Blueberry Tart with Almonds tastes great served warm.
- Crust: 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 stick cold butter, cut into bits
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Filling: 3 cups fresh blueberries, washed
- 1 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1 cup almonds, ground
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup almonds, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease an 8 inch pie plate with sloping sides.
- For the crust: Mix together flour, cornstarch and sugar in a large bowl. Rub butter bits into flour mixture until it forms coarse crumbs.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg yolk and cold water; pour it into flour mixture. With hands, bring mixture together to form a ball of dough. If too dry, add water, a teaspoon at a time.
- Roll out pastry on a floured surface; transfer to pie pan. Cover with aluminum foil; pour 1/2 cup dried beans into the bottom. Bake 18 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven; discard foil and beans. Reduce temperature to 325 degrees F.
- For filling: Put the berries into the baked shells. Mix together confectioner's sugar and ground almonds in a bowl. In a separate bowl, lightly beat together eggs, almond extract and water. Stir sugar mixture into the egg mixture; pour this over the berries. Sprinkle sliced almonds on top.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, until top is golden. Serve warm.