- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 1 dozen
Delicious blueberry muffins with a delectable streusel topping.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, rinsed and drained
- Streusal-Walnut Topping:
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line muffin tray with paper cups.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt onto wax paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. Mix in the egg and vanilla. Alternately stir in the flour mixture and the milk. Fold in the blueberries.
- To make the streusel topping, melt the butter in a small saucepan. Remove from the heat and stir in the brown sugar, cinnamon and walnuts.
- Spoon the batter into the paper cups, filling 2/3 full. Top with the streusel. Bake for 20 minutes, or until top springs back.