- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 1 hr 15 min
- Serving: Makes 1 loaf
Use those summer fresh blueberries to make this spiced bread.
- 2 cups flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Combine flour, 3 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and orange zest. Mix 1 tablespoon of mixture to coat blueberries.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs, milk and butter. Mix into flour combination. Gently stir in blueberries.
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together remaining cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle over top of loaf.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 1 hour.