- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: Makes 1-3/4 cup
Next time blueberries are in season, pick up an extra pint from your local farmer’s market and make this sweet and savory salsa.
- 1-1/2 cups blueberries, stemmed and washed
- 1 large Bartlet pear, peeled, cored and cut in 1/4-inch dice
- 1/4 cup finely minced red onion
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 Jalapeno pepper, stemmed, seeded and finely mined
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Coarsely chop 1 cup of the blueberries and then place into a medium-sized bowl along with the remaining whole blueberries, pear, onion, bell pepper, Jalapeno, lime juice, honey, oregano, garlic salt and cilantro.
- Toss to combine, cover and then place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to chill.