- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: Makes 12 muffins
Fresh blueberries make these muffins irresistible, but it’s the cinnamon and butter crumble topping that makes them to die for.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour plus 1/3 cup divided
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar plus 1/2 cup divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- Sift the 1-1/2 cups flour and baking powder into a bowl with the 3/4 cup sugar and the salt. Add the fresh blueberries, toss to coat and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the oil, egg and milk. Add the oil mixture to the flour mixture and gently stir until just mixed.
- In a separate bowl, combine the 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, cinnamon and butter. Use your hands to combine the mixture until it forms a crumble-like consistency.
- Fill the prepared muffin tin with the batter and then top with the cinnamon crumble mixture. Place the muffins in the oven for about 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin tests clean.