- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 10 min
- Total: 1 hr 25 min
- Serving: 9-12 People
Impress your friends with this sweet blueberry lemon loaf at your next breakfast gathering.
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 lemon rind, grated
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a small bowl, combine blueberries and 2 tablespoons flour; toss until lightly coated. Set aside.
- Combine remaining flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg, applesauce and milk.
- Blend flour combination into applesauce mixture.
- Fold in blueberries, walnuts and grated lemon rind.
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 10 minutes.