- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 8
Blueberry Lemon Coffee Cake is a great dessert for an elegant brunch.
- 1 package blueberry muffin mix
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- Vanilla Glaze: 1/4 cup vanilla frosting
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- Grease bottom and side of 9 inch round baking pan with shortening; lightly flour. Drain and rinse blueberries in strainer; lightly pat dry with paper towel.
- Stir together water, oil, sour cream and egg in large bowl, using spoon. Stir in muffin mix, lemon peel and poppy seed until moistened; gently stir in blueberries. Pour into pan; spread evenly with rubber spatula.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and top of cake is golden brown. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan. Cool completely; drizzle glaze over cake.
- To make glaze. Microwave frosting and lemon peel on High 5 to 10 seconds or until thin enough to drizzle.