- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 1 hr 15 min
- Serving: Makes 1 loaf
This sweet bread makes an excellent morning snack, especially alongside a hot cup of coffee.
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- Mix together blueberries and 2 teaspoons of flour; set aside.
- Cream butter, sugar, eggs and grated lemon peel.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Blend flour combination and milk into egg mixture.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.