- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 6 hr 30 min
- Total: 7 hr
- Serving: 8
Brought to you from the 50+ Friends Club Cookbook.
- 2 pints fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup plus 2 ablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup water, warm if using frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons instant tapioca
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- In a 3 1/2 quart slow cooker, combine blueberries, the 1/2 cup sugar granulated sugar, the water and tapioca.
- Cover and slow-cook until the berries have formed a thick sauce, 5 to 6 hours on low.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, the remaining 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, baking powder and salt to combine. Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut in the butter until the mixture resembled coarse meal.
- In small bowl, beat milk and egg together.
- Stir into flour mixture to form a soft dough.
- Turn the slow-cooker to high.
- Drop the dough by tablespoonfuls on top of the blueberries.
- Cover and slow-cook until the topping is firm and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the dumplings with the brown sugar.
- Let the grunt stand for 5 minutes before serving, then spoon into individual bowls.