- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: Makes 36 wafers
Wondering how many appetizers to serve at your cocktail party? Figure 6 to 8 bites per guest per hour. If you are hosting an early gathering, consider 10 to 12 bites per guest per hour, since your guests may not have a chance to eat dinner. These low carb blue cheese wafers are an ideal appetizer for nibbling with veggies or a glass of wine.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 8 ounces finely crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of black pepper or more to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, use a hand-held electric mixer to beat butter and cheese until smooth. Add flour, walnuts, salt and pepper and mix until well-combined. Divide the dough in half and roll into two logs about 1-1/2 inches in diameter.
- Wrap each log with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 375 degrees F. and spray two large cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray. Remove logs from refrigerator and unwrap.
- Use a sharp knife to slice the chilled dough into 36 rounds (18 per log). Place rounds on the cookies sheets, leaving space in between each round, and bake for 11 to 12 minutes, or until lightly browned. Transfer to wire racks to cool. Serve at room temperature.