- Prep: 1 hr 20 min
- Cook Time: 16 min
- Total: 1 hr 36 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Crumbled blue cheese is added to these burger kabobs to give them a tangy bite of flavor.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine or beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup coarsely chopped parsley (1/2 of a small bunch)
- 1 pound ground sirloin or 85 percent lean ground beef
- 2 ounces coarsely crumbled blue cheese
- 1 small red onion, cut in wedges
- 1 8-ounce package large cremini mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 2 cups arugula
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Place the garlic, wine, Worcestershire, parsley, ground beef and a few pinches of salt and pepper into a bowl and mix to combine. Add the blue cheese, stir until just combined and then form into 12 meatballs. Cover the mixture and place into the refrigerator for 1 hour to allow flavors to blend.
- Prepare a grill on medium heat.
- Thread the meatballs onto 12 pre-soaked wood skewers, along with the red onion and mushrooms, leaving 1/4-inch between each piece. Brush each skewer with olive oil and then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the skewers on the grill for 16 minutes, turning once halfway through the cooking time. Serve immediately.