- Prep: 35 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 20 min
- Total: 1 hr 55 min
- Serving: 4
Nothing but the best in this great combination. Blue Cheese Bacon Potatoes are an elegant side dish.
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 ounce blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 strips bacon, cooked, crumbled
- Scrub and dry potatoes and pierce each with a fork. Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes at 400 degrees F or until very tender. Remove potatoes but leave oven on.
- Let potatoes cool slightly. Cut in half and scoop out potato but leave skin intact. Leave about an 1/8 inch thick shell.
- In a medium bowl, mash potatoes until fluffy; then stir in butter, sour cream, blue cheese, milk, salt and pepper; beat until smooth.
- Spoon mixture into shells dividing evenly. Place potatoes on baking sheet and return to oven. Bake about 20 minutes and sprinkle with bacon. Serve hot.