- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
The addition of avocado and chili to a classic BLT sandwich adds creamy texture and a spicy kick of taste.
- 12 slices applewood smoked bacon, thick cut
- 1 sourdough boule, cut into 3/4-inch thick slices
- Olive oil
- 2 ripe avocadoes, halved and sliced
- 4-6 butter head lettuce leaves
- 1 ripe beefsteak tomato, 1/2-inch thick slices
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Put the slices of bacon onto a roasting pan and place in the oven for 18 minutes until crispy. Remove and set aside on some paper towels to drain.
- Lightly brush the bread slices on one side with olive oil and then place onto a baking sheet. Put the bread under the broiler until lightly toasted.
- Put the mayonnaise, freshly squeezed lemon juice, Sriracha and sea salt in a small bowl and whisk together until thoroughly blended.
- Spread the mayo onto the sliced, toasted bread (oil side up), and then top with the lettuce, tomatoes, avocado and bacon. Add a few pinches of salt and pepper and then top with another slice of bread. Serve immediately.