- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
If you enjoy all the flavors of a classic BLT (bacon, lettuce and tomato) sandwich, then this similarly-tasting salad will be a perfect fit. Enjoy with a glass of Chardonnay.
- 3 3/4-inch-thick slices of rustic white bread, cubed 4 cups
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Champagne vinegar
- 1/2 small shallot, coarsely chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 thick slices of bacon -inch strips, 4 ounces cut crosswise into 1/2
- 1 head butter lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces about 5 cups
- 1 cup red cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup yellow pear tomatoes, halved
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees.
- Place the cubes of bread into a bowl; drizzle with 1 tablespoon of oil and sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss the mixture to combine and then transfer the bread cubes to a baking sheet. Place the bread in the oven for 15 minutes to toast.
- In the meantime, place the mayonnaise, basil leaves, remaining olive oil, vinegar and shallot into a blender and process until smooth.
- Cook the bacon in a small skillet over medium heat for 6 minutes and then transfer to some paper towels to drain. Crumble the bacon once cool enough o handle.
- Place the Bread crumbs, bacon, lettuce and tomatoes into a bowl, top with the dressing and toss to coat. Serve immediately.