- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 1 Serving
Blood oranges add dramatic color and flair to this cocktail, as well as enjoyable sweet and citrusy flavor.
- 1-1/2 ounces tequila
- 1-1/2 ounces blood orange juice
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Splash of pomegranate juice
- blood orange slice and mint sprig to garnish
- salt to rim glass
- lime wedge
- Put some salt onto a plate. Run a lime wedge around the rim of a glass to moisten and then dip the rim into the salt, pressing gently to adhere. Put the salt-rimmed glass in the freezer for 5 minutes to chill and to allow the salt to set.
- Place all of the ingredients, except for the garnish, into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Vigorously shake the mixture for 35 seconds and then strain into the prepared cocktail glass.
- Garnish the drink with the blood orange slice and mint sprig and then serve immediately.