- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 1 Serving
Blood oranges don’t only add citrusy sweetness to a cocktail but also vibrant color and gorgeous presentation. Use fresh blood orange and lime juice to make this mixed drink otherwise you’ll significantly sacrifice flavor.
- 1-1/2 ounces fresh blood orange juice
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1 ounce Cointreau
- 2 ounces blanco tequila
- Lime wedge
- Coarse salt for rimming glass
- Blood orange wedge and fresh sage sprig to garnish
- Lightly dampen the rim of a cocktail glass with a lime wedge and then dip the rim into some coarse salt to adhere.
- Place the orange juice, lime juice, Cointreau and tequila into a shaker filled with ice and shake vigorously for 35 seconds.
- Strain the mixture into the prepared glass, garnish with a blood orange wedge and a sprig of fresh sage and then serve immediately.