- Prep: 2 hr 15 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 2 hr 15 min
- Serving: 2 Servings
Beautiful in color and gorgeous in taste, this blood orange, kale and avocado salad is a delicious blend of contrasting tastes and textures.
- 1 bunch of Tuscan kale, rinsed and stems trimmed
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 blood oranges, peeled and segmented
- 1/2 ripe avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro
- 1 handful of raw pine nuts
- aged balsamic vinegar
- Rub the kale leaves generously with olive oil and then chop into pieces. Place the kale in the refrigerator for 2 hours to marinate and soften in the oil.
- Transfer the kale to a bowl and then add the blood orange, avocado, cilantro and the pine nuts. Drizzle the salad with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and gently toss to combine; serve immediately.