- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: Makes enough frosting for 12 cupcakes
Preservative-ridden food coloring doesn’t give this cream cheese frosting its beautiful color; it’s the addition of fresh blood orange juice and zest.
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup of butter (1 stick), room temperature
- 3-1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons juice from one blood orange
- 1 teaspoon grated zest from one blood orange
- Place the cream cheese and butter into a bowl and beat until smooth and creamy. Add the powdered sugar, vanilla extract, blood orange juice and grated zest to the bowl, and continue to beat the mixture until the texture becomes fluffy.