- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Blood oranges provide an appealing sweetness in taste and gorgeous contrast of color among the lush green arugula and olives in this salad.
Photo originally appeared on 1tsplove.blogspot.com
- 6 cups mixed baby arugula
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh blood orange juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 thin slices red onion, separated into rings
- 1 cups blood orange sections (6 regular oranges)
- 1/3 cup green olives
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Place the olive oil, fresh blood orange juice and vinegar into a bowl and whisk well to blend. Add the arugula to the bowl and then gently toss to combine.
- Place the arugula onto a plate and then top with the blood orange sections, onion and olives. Add a few pinches of salt and fresh pepper and then serve immediately.