- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 6-8 people
White brownie or blondes, either way it is the perfect cookie and cake hybrid.
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnut
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablesppon vanilla extract
- Optional 1/4 cup toffee chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, Grease a 9 by 9 pan.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt. Mix and then resift. Blend in the walnuts.
- Melt the butter. Combine with the brown sugar, mixing well. Allow to cool slightly. (If replacing butter with shortening add 1 tablespoon of hot water)
- Add the egg and vanilla to the sugar mix. Beat.
- Slowly combine the flour mixture and the butter mixture, making sure to mix well.
- Pour into the pan, sprinkle the toffee chips on top if desired.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out with crumbles (not batter).