- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: Makes 1 Gallon
The addition of black pepper to this spicy apple cider beverage adds another kick of flavor and warmth.
- 1 gallon apple cider
- 10 whole cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon whole black peppercorns, lightly crushed
- 2 strips orange peel, about 2 inches long
- 6 dried allspice berries
- 4 heads star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 (1-inch) piece fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- Orange twists to garnish
- Place all of the ingredients, except for the garnish, into a large pot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer the mixture for 12 minutes.v
- Remove the pot from the heat and let the mixture stand for 10 minutes to steep.
- Carefully pour the cider into heatproof mugs and garnish with the orange twists.