- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 3 hr
- Total: 3 hr 20 min
- Serving: 6-8 servings
A simple, slightly spicy, slow cooked bacon and vegetable soup.
- 5 slices thick-cut bacon, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 ribs celery, sliced
- 3 (15 ounce) cans jalapeno black-eyed peas with liquid
- 2 (15 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes with liquid
- 1 teaspoon chicken seasoning
- Fry the bacon until crisp. Drain. Use the drippings to saute the onion and bell pepper, do not brown.
- Combine everything in the slow cooker along with 1-1/2 cups of water and a teaspoon of salt. Cook covered for 3-4 hours on low.