- Prep: 2 hr 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 2 hr 10 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
This Southern-style salad combines hearty black-eyed peas, bell pepper, red onion and jalapeno to create a colorful and flavorful dish.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and fresh pepper, to taste
- Place the black-eyed peas, bell pepper, onion and jalapeno in a serving bowl, toss to combine and then set aside.
- In a small bowl vigorously whisk together the apple cider vinegar, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, sugar and a few pinches of salt and pepper until thoroughly blended.
- Pour the dressing over the pea mixture and toss well to coat. Season with additional salt and pepper if needed and then cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to chill.