- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: Serves 4-6
Creamy pureed beans, blended with garlic, tarragon and parsley, make an ideal dip for vegetables, whole-wheat crackers and toasted pita wedges.
- 1 15-ounce can black-eyed peas, rinsed
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Put the peas, parsley, lemon juice, oil, garlic, tarragon, salt and pepper in a food processor and mix until smooth.
- Empty the dip into a serving bowl and serve.