- Prep: 8 hr
- Cook Time: 4 hr 20 min
- Total: 12 hr 20 min
- Serving: 4-6 servings
A slighty spiced, slow cooked black bean and brown rice side dish.
- 1 pound dry black or kidney beans
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup instant brown rice
- Soak the beans, covered with water, in a saucepan overnight. Drain and rinse. Combine with the remaining ingredients, except the rice, in a greased slow cooker. Cook covered for 4-6 hours on low.
- Stir the rice into the slow cooker and cook for 20 more minutes.