- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 8
Full of flavor, these tacos are also a healthy treat.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 (15 ounces each) cans black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, sliced
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender.
- Stir in the beans, tomatoes, chilies and seasonings and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer, uncovered, for about 5 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken.
- Fill each tortilla with a portion of bean mixture and sprinkle with cheese.
- Fold one side of tortilla over filling. Garnish with avocado and cilantro.