- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Serve this simple black bean soup, full of fiber and spicy goodness, topped with crisp tortilla chips and accompanied by a glass of Spanish sherry.
- Sea salt
- 1 onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 15-ounce cans black beans
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro plus to garnish
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Tortilla chips
- Place the olive oil into a soup pot over medium heat. Once it begins to shimmer, add the onion and sauté for 5 minutes until soft.
- Sprinkle in the cumin and cook the mixture for 1 minute, then stir in the beans and 1-1/2 cups of water. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add a few pinches of salt and pepper to taste and then stir in the cilantro. Ladle the soup into bowls, top with some tortilla chips and then garnish with some additional cilantro. Serve immediately.