- Prep: 1 hr 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 1 hr 10 min
- Serving: 2 Servings
A crisp and crunchy red and green cabbage salad is tossed with black beans, red pepper and sweet onion, and then topped with a creamy avocado dressing to create this satisfying salad.
- 2 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- 2 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- 1 sweet red bell pepper, seeded, sliced
- 1 sweet onion, peeled, sliced thin
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled, chopped
- 2 avocados, halved, peeled and pitted
- 1 small jalapeno, stem and seeds removed, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice from 1 lemon, about 3 tablespoons
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- Place the cabbages, red pepper, sweet onion and black beans into a large salad bowl.
- Put the garlic, avocados, jalapeno, cilantro, lemon juice and salt into a food processor or blender, and process until the mixture is smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to bowl, stir in the sour cream and then pour onto the cabbage salad. Toss the mixture to coat and then cover and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour prior to serving.