- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 55 min
- Total: 55 min
- Serving: 6-8
This easy black bean and corn enchilada vegetarian casserole recipe will make enough for a crowd and is one of the most popular vegetarian casseroles around.
- 16 ounce jar of your favorite tomatillo based salsa (green salsa).
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 14 ounce can cut corn
- 14 ounce can black beans
- 1 pint of sour cream or reduced fat sour cream (16-ounces)
- 8 flour tortillas or 12 corn tortillas (cut into 1-inch by 2-inch strips)
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 5 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine corn, black beans, and cumin in a medium bowl.
- In a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish, layer 1/2 of the corn mixture on bottom, then half of the sour cream, and then half the salsa. Sprinkle these layers with 1 1/2 cups of jack cheese and cover the layers using the tortilla strips.
- Repeat layers ending with tortillas on top, then put the last 2 cups of cheese over the final layer of tortillas. Sprinkle the tomatoes on top. Cover dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes, remove foil and continue to cook for 15 minutes.
- 6. Let the casserole stand for ten minutes before serving.
- Note: You may use part pepper jack cheese for a spicier flavor.