- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 8 servings
Chorizo is pork sausage that has been flavored with a blend of spices like garlic and chili powder. Enjoy it in this chili dish accompanied by glasses of frosty Mexican beer.
- 2 pounds chorizo sausage, casing removed and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Jalapeno pepper, seeds removed, minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (28-ounce) cans of diced tomatoes with juice
- Place the olive oil into a large soup pot over medium heat. Once it begins to shimmer, add the onion and the bell pepper and cook for 4 minutes. Stir in the garlic and jalapeno pepper and sauté the mixture for an additional 2 minutes before adding the sausage and browning on all sides.
- Sprinkle in the brown sugar, chili powder, ground cumin, oregano, paprika, Cajun seasoning and black pepper, and mix well to combine. Stir in the beans and tomatoes and then cook until the mixture is simmering. Ladle into bowls and serve immediately.