- Prep: 2 hr
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total: 2 hr 45 min
- Serving: 3-4 dozen
Classic butter and cocoa cut-out cookies.
- 2 3/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 ounces white chocolate, melted
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- Mix together the 2 3/4 cup flour with the baking soda and salt.
- Cream the butter and sugars in a separate bowl. Mix in the eggs, one at a time, and then add vanilla. Beat in the flour mixture, making sure the dough is well blended.
- Separate the dough into two halves.
- Into one half, beat in the cocoa powder. In the other, the remaining 2 tablespoons flour. Flatten the doughs out and wrap in plastic. Chill for minimum 1 1/2 hours, up to 3 days.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roll the dough out to 1/4 inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Use cookie cutters to punch out shapes. Arrange on cookie sheets 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes. Cool for 2 minutes before placing on racks.
- Once cool, drizzle the cocoa cookies with the white chocolate, and the butter cookies with the semisweet chocolate. Let stand for 30 minutes to dry.