- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 6 min
- Total: 26 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Tender tuna fillets are seasoned with garlic and ginger, and then grilled to perfection in this simple yet delicious recipe.
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried ginger
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pureed
- 2-inch thick sashimi-grade tuna, toro or yellowtail fillets (cut from center piece of the fish)
- Olive Oil
- Fresh Ground Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Wasabi powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- Zest and Juice of one orange
- Place the sugar, garlic, dried ginger and salt in a small bowl and mix to combine.
- Brush the fish fillets with olive oil and then coat with the sugar mixture. Let the fish stand for 10 minutes to marinate.
- In the meantime, mix the wasabi powder, grated ginger, soy sauce and orange juice and zest together in a dipping bowl.
- Grill the fish for about 3 minutes on each side. Serve with the wasabi dipping sauce.