- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 1 Serving
Gorgeous deep purple color and a slightly sweet, savory and tart flavor make this rye-based Black and Tan cocktail a clear winner.
- 2 ounces rye whiskey
- 1/4 ounce simple syrup
- 1/4 ounce fresh lime juice
- 5 blackberries plus 2 to garnish
- 8 mint leaves
- ginger beer
- Place the blackberries, simple syrup, lime and mint in a cocktail shaker and muddle to combine.
- Pour in the rye and then fill the shaker with ice.
- Vigorously shake the mixture for 35 seconds and then strain into a cocktail glass filled with fresh ice. Top with the ginger beer and garnish with some skewered fresh blackberries. Serve immediately.