- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 18 min
- Total: 33 min
- Serving: 10
Bittersweet Chocolate Chip Cookies are for die hard dark chocolate lovers.
- 1 cup butter, unsalted, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- Combine butter and both sugars in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and beat until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and mix to combine. Add egg, and continue beating until well combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture. Mix on low speed until just combined. Stir in chocolate.
- Scoop out 2 tablespoons of dough and place on a prepared cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining dough placing scoops 3 inches apart. Bake until just brown around the edges, 16 to 18 minutes, rotating the pans between oven shelves halfway through baking.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before removing cookies from the baking sheets. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.