- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 16 min
- Total: 31 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
The bitterness of the greens is complimented by the rich and buttery taste of the toasted almonds, the sweet-tart flavor of the apricot sauce and the creamy texture of the goat cheese. Serve with some toasted bread brushed with olive oil.
- 1/2 cup whole unsalted almonds
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 6 cups baby arugula, 6 ounces
- 2 Belgian endives, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/2 small head of radicchio, cored and finely shredded
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon rosemary leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 3 tablespoons apricot jam
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 8-ounce log of fresh goat cheese, cut into 8 rounds
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the almonds in a single layer on a baking sheet and cook in the oven for 10 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven and chop when cool enough to handle.
- Put the shallot and the vinegar in a bowl, whisk to combine and then set aside for 10 minutes.
- Place the arugula, endives, radicchio and almonds into a salad bowl and toss to combine.
- Put the oil, rosemary and thyme in a sauté pan and cook for 3-1/2 minutes stirring frequently. Add the jam and cook the mixture for 1 minute then stir in the vinegar mixture and cook for 30 seconds over low heat. Sprinkle the sauce with a few pinches of salt and pepper and then pour onto the greens and toss to coat.
- Serve the greens topped with the goat cheese.