- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: About 25 medium scallops
These hot hors d'oeuvres are just divine, with a smooth scallop wrapped in crispy bacon and served with a spicy mayonnaise sauce. Make a double recipe as these party favorites will disappear fast.
- 1-1/2 pound large scallops
- 1/2 pound thin-sliced bacon
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup good quality mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup hot chili paste
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish
- Prepare your oven broiler.
- Wrap a piece of bacon around each scallop and secure tightly with a toothpick. Put each wrapped scallop onto a baking pan and sprinkle with some salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Cook the scallops in the oven and broil for approximately 10 to 15 minutes, turning once. The bacon will become lightly crisp and the scallops light brown in color.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, chili paste, lime juice and chopped cilantro. Mix well and place in the refrigerator.
- Place the wrapped scallions on a serving platter sprinkled with cilantro and serve with the spicy mayo dip.