- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: 6
You can add cheddar cheese to this recipe for cheese biscuits. Or you can fill these biscuits with fruit or a tuna mixture.
- 3 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3/4 cup of milk
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Cut in shortening until mixture is crumbly.
- Mix in parsley and onion.
- Stir in enough milk to make a soft dough.
- Turn out on a lightly floured board and knead gnetly for 30 seconds.
- Divide dough in half.
- Rool each half into 6 x 20 inch rectangles.
- Cut into three 6 inch squares and three 2 inch circles.
- Place each square in an individual casserole dish.
- Pour a filling of your choice into the center.
- Place a circle over each center.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for about 20 minutes.