- Prep: 2 hr 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 3 hr 15 min
- Serving: 8
Bird Casserole can be made with any foul. This recipes calls for 6 chicken breasts but feel free to use 3 pheasants if hunting season was promising.
- 6 large chicken breasts, on the bone
- 4 boxes Stovetop stuffing mix, chicken flavor
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 4 cans chicken broth
- Boil chicken breasts for 1 1/2 hours or until tender and meat falls off the bone. Cool and remove skin. Remove from bone and cut meat into small pieces
- Mix broth, celery soup and stuffing together.
- In a 9 by 13 inch greased baking dish, place one layer stuffing mixture, then one layer cooked chicken. Repeat with stuffing on the top layer.
- Cover with foil and heat at 325 degrees F for 1 hour.