- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: 10-15 servings
Delicious carrot cake with a creamy cream cheese icing.
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups shredded carrots
- Cream Cheese Icing:
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 stick margarine, softened
- 1 (1 pound) box confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Sift together the dry ingredients into a large bowl. Stir in the oil and eggs. Fold in the carrots. Stir until well mixed.
- Pour into the prepared pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Allow to cool.
- To make the icing: Beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Combine the margarine and sugar in a separate bowl and mix into the cream cheese. Add in the vanilla and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Frost the cake and sprinkle the nuts on top if desired.