- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: Serves 8 people
Berry, oatmeal and almond crisp combines several tasty ingredients to make one delicious dessert!
- 1-1/2 cups strawberries, hulled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup blueberries, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup raspberries, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons, light brown sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oatmeal (not instant oatmeal)
- 2 tablespoons whole-wheat pastry flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt or vanilla ice cream
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Combine the berries into a 9-inch pie plate.
- Combine the all-purpose flour, 1 tablespoon brown sugar and lemon zest into a small bowl. Stir to blend well. Sprinkle the mixture over the berries, coating them evenly.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the oatmeal, pastry flour, remaining brown sugar, oil and almonds. Mix the ingredients together with a fork. After mixed, squeeze the ingredients together with your hands in order to form clusters. Top the berry mixture with these clusters, spread evenly around the plate.
- Bake until the topping is browned and the fruit is bubbly (about 35 minutes). Serve in individual bowls topped with the yogurt or ice cream.