- Prep: 7 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 32 min
- Serving: 6
A sweet, refreshing soup for those hot summer days.
- 2 cups fresh blueberries or strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 cups buttermilk
- In saucepan combine berries, water, sugar, orange peel and juice.
- Bring to boiling point.
- Reduce heat cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- cool for 30 minutes.
- Pour into blender and blend till smooth.
- Stir in the buttermilk.
- Cover and chill.
- When served garnish with a couple of berries and a thin orange slice.