- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 4 min
- Total: 14 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
Using strips of bell peppers instead of classic tortilla chips for this nacho appetizer makes a lighter and healthier dish. Use a mix of multi-colored bell peppers for a more vibrant and lively presentation.
- 1/2 green pepper, seeded and cut into 6 strips and halved
- 1/2 red pepper, seeded and cut into 6 strips and halved
- 1/2 yellow pepper, seeded and cut into 6 strips and halved
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped olives
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Sour cream and guacamole to garnish
- Preheat your oven broiler.
- Place the bell peppers in a single layer (can slightly overlap) in a pie pan and then sprinkle with the cheese, olives and the crushed red pepper.
- Place the dish in the oven and broil about 4 inches from the heat for 4 minutes.
- Serve immediately garnished with dollops of sour cream and guacamole.