- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 22 min
- Serving: Marinade for 4 salmon fillets
A blend of rich Kriek beer, cream sherry, tangerine zest, brown sugar, garlic and ginger provide amazing flavor and an attractive glaze to barbecued salmon.
- 1 12 oz bottle kriek beer (1-1/2 cups)
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup cream sherry
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Zest of 1 tangerine (or orange)
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1/4 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and crushed
- 1 green onion (or 1/2 shallot), finely diced
- Place all of the ingredients into a medium-sized saucepan and bring to a boil. Once boiling, stir the mixture until the sugar has completely dissolved and then cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and set aside to cool before using the marinade.