- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
Try this beautiful, amazingly simple recipe for beet salad with blood oranges, it's a perfect pairing with beef.
- 4 beets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3 blood oranges
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Small handful fresh mint leaves, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 357 degrees F.
- Clean and peel the beets.
- Place in a shallow, covered baking dish and add about 1/4-inch of water. Cover and bake 50 minutes. Let cool completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper
- Slice the oranges thinly, then remove the peel and the thin later of outer membrane. Slice the beets thinly and arrange the beets and oranges on a serving platter.
- Sprinkle the thinly sliced onion on top and drizzle with the dressing. Garnish with mint.